You know the Mantra 1.0. But now it’s time to meet the Mantra 2.0. It’s been designed and built with the same kind of love and enthusiasm for cycling. Our newest version of our classic fixed-gear / single-speed bike now comes standard with front and rear Promax brakes and machined sidewall rims. This set of brakes is precise with quick response time. Now with dual braking, you have exponentially more control over your ride, your speed, and, of course, your stopping.
Our UrbanComfort frame is hand-built, tig-welded, double-butted, and lightweight. The high-tensile strength steel diamond frame is the perfect riding companion as you cycle your way to work and home and play and everything in between. The frame and fork have bar spin clearance, horizontal dropouts, and no toe overlap. The Mantra 2.0 comes standard with sealed cartridge bearing hubs to keep your bike clean and healthy. Less dampness, water, and grime can get into the delicate parts of your bike when the hubs are sealed. This means less required maintenance and a longer living bicycle.
The Mantra 2.0 is just as versatile as its predecessors. It’s also equipped with a flip-flop hub, which means you can ride your bike either as a fixed-gear or a single-speed with a freewheel. When you ride on a fixed-gear, every motion you make moves the bike. You always have to be moving if you want the bike to be moving. When you ride on a single-speed bike, the rear wheel is free-moving so you can cruise without having to pedal.
The Mantra 2.0 comes installed on the single-speed side. This is a bike you can ride regularly and quickly and easily transform into a fixed-gear whenever you like.
We have very high standards. Every single element that goes anywhere near our bikes undergoes serious scrutiny. The Kenda commuter tires we pick have a unique tread with water dispersion grooves. There is more surface area on these tires and water travels through the channels on the tire. This means you have more traction and better grip on the road but also minimal resistance. The double-wall super deep-V Star rims with a machined braking surface and the always dependable KMC chain ensure a smooth ride.
We strongly suggest that you take your bike to a professional bicycle mechanic to be built and/or checked out to ensure that the cog and lockring are tightened, the brakes adjusted, and the wheels trued.
- Frame: Hand Built Tig-Welded "UrbanComfort" design high-tensile strength steel frame and fork with bar spin clearance, horizontal drop outs, and no toe overlap
- Brakes: Alloy Front and Rear Promax Radius Lever Brakes Tires: Kenda Commuter Tires 700x25c
- Fork: Tig Welded 1 1/8" Threadless, 45º rake
- Handlebar: Lightweight Alloy Riser Bar 520mm, 25.4
- Stem: 90mm Promax Alloy
- Crank: Alloy Forged 3-piece 165mm arms, 46T
- Bottom Bracket: Sealed Cartridge Bearing NECO
- Pedals: VP Freestyle Pedals
- Rims: 43mm Stars Super Deep-V Rims with Machined Braking Surface and Stainless Steel Spokes
- Hub Rear: Retrospec Sealed Cartridge Bearing Flip-Flop Hub with 16T Fixed-Gear and Freewheel
- Hub Front: Retrospec Sealed Cartridge Bearing
- Seat Post Clamp: Alloy Integrated
- Seatpost: Alloy 25.4
- Grips: Kraton Rubber
- Recommended Weight Limit: 220 LBS