BEHOLD, THE HOLY GRAIL OF CYCLOCROSS COMMUTERS
This is the Amok-16 UrbanCross. It has acquired a reputation of badassery and beastliness among its contemporaries. Equipped with an unprecedented 16 gears, this bike can take you anywhere on and off the streets. It maintains its identity as an UrbanCross™ bike, a perfect union of versatility, elegance, and control.
Our Amok-16 is as expertly crafted as its predecessors, with a hand-built, tig-welded, and double-butted 4130 Chromoly diamond frame for strength and endurance. We’ve incorporated some impressive upgrades, including STI shifters with rear derailleur. With one lever for shifting and braking and the addition of cantilever brakes, your ride is back in your control. The compact crank makes for quicker acceleration while the Kenda Small Block 8 tires prevent slippage on wet terrains. We’ve also added drop bars to improve aerodynamic riding. The cable runs on top of the top tube so it doesn’t snag fabrics when you carry your bike. The sealed bottom bracket extends the life of your bicycle by keeping muck, grime, and dampness where they belong: outside.
Ride hard, ride smart.
We strongly suggest that you take your bike to a professional bicycle mechanic to be built and/or checked out to ensure that the cog and lockring are tightened, the brakes adjusted, and the wheels trued.
- Hand-Built 4130 Chromoly Frame and Fork
- 2 Sets of Water Bottle Braze Ons
- Rack Braze-Ons
- Rear Facing Dropouts with Hanger
- Shimano Claris STI 16-Speed Derailleur with Integrated Brake Levers and Shifter
- Forged Alloy Crank with 34x50T Chainring
- 1/2x3/32" Chain
- Bottom Bracket: VP Sealed Cartridge 68x110.5mm
- 700C Double Wall Stars Rims
- Retrospec Quick-Release Sealed Bearing High Flange Hubs with Rear Cassette Hub
- Kenda Small Block 8 Pro Cyclocross Tires, 700x35c
- NECO Threadless Headset
- Front & Rear Promax Center Pull Cantilever Brakes
- Promax 90mm Stem with 4 Bolt Stem Cap
- Alloy Drop Handlebars
- Cushion Bar Tape
- Alloy Seatpost, 26.4
- KMC Z99 Chain
- VP Components 9/16" Low Profile Platform Pedals
- 28.6mm Seat Clamp
- Retrospec Racing Saddle
Recommended Weight Limit: 220 LBS